Saturday, July 14, 2012

Walls: Into or Through


I wrote this extensively descriptive passage about how I’ve been feeling lately and what I’ve been up to, I’m afraid you all will never read it. My computer glitched and it is all gone. The important parts I will try to recreate and highlight but the rest is lost. Often times such as this I vent my feelings, releasing the tension and then the well thought out words are lost.

These last weeks there have been moments of self pity and doubt, random adventures, frustration, surprise visits and healthy quantities of fun.

The frustration is largely due to the continued search for employment. My relatives visited last week for the whole week and I gave myself some time to indulge and enjoy. Therefore when I reentered the hunt so to speak, I was disheartened at my discoveries. I often spend time combing various sites, newpapers, groups on Linkedin, along with friends and family members for information. And until I am more financially stable I have chosen to stay within roughly the 200 mile radius of my current location. Often the positions I’ve come across, I’m under qualified, over qualified, I’ve already applied (sometimes twice, through other sites), or do not fit my goals. After a few hours of this I feel like a blind mouse in a maze just walking into walls.

In the hopes of counteracting not only my exasperation I feel and the idleness that has been created, I wanted to try a new track. I have a book, a required read from one of my professors, I hope by rereading the book I can take what it has to say and somehow make an impact on my situation. The book is called How to Get Ideas, by Jack Foster. It is a little bit of philosophy/opinions mixed in with experiences and processes that are supposed to get you thinking, even problem solving. The author also happens to apply everything to advertising, which is great if I happen to still go that route. Nonetheless I thought I might be able to apply it to my own experiences to create something new, or even just look at my life from another angle.

That way instead of walking into walls, I could walk through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment