Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tree Climbing


I tend to have the deepest thoughts at meal time, well when I’m actually eating with others. I’ve been trying to derive a focus for my job applying. I would still love to do almost anything to do with events (except catering, I’ve done that many times) but now I have two branches I’d like to investigate.

Branch One: Non-profit, I really believe that I would strive more and enjoy my work more; if I knew what I was doing was making a positive difference. I want to impact the people I’m working with and for in a positive manner. At the end of the day if I helped them learn something or set them on the path to  learn something, that would be all I would need to feel strong about myself.

Branch Two: (I’ve always wanted to build my own small town business, take an old building breathe new life into it…) I kind of thought I might like owning a bakery… The best way I figured I could decide if this was true was to work in one. So I’ve applied to a few. I would apply to more…but I want to work in one where the bread and cakes don’t come frozen, or prepackaged. I have working in a bakery before, with the frozen pre-made cookies and muffins, it was…unchallenging. I want to work, I want the challenge, I want to get a little messy, and I want to best quality possible to provide to consumers.

Guess I better work on my tree climbing.

Marathon Training Update: I’ve been training at my local Y, about every other day. I’m not yet as disciplined about the times of my routine as I once was, but I’m making progress. My main focus at the moment is being able to run for a half hour straight. I’ve made it to about 25 minutes, before I give in.

Basically right now my whole life is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment