Thursday, April 5, 2012

That'll be $1000.

My parents have been out of town this week, as they traveled with my brother and sister- in- law to visit my Grandparents, cousins and aunt in Texas. I actually wrote that sentence to see how many relatives I could fit in one sentence…but really it is all true. In this case I’ve been on my own, and have decided when I chose to buy a house; I do not want one this big if I’m the only one living in it. The house is too much effort to clean for the amount of time I actually spend in it.

My father will be happy to know I mowed the lawn yesterday, and my doctor will be happy to know it forced me to be outside in the sunlight, where I could obtain vitamin D. I had my doctor appointment last week and apparently my vitamin D levels are so low, he prescribed me a prescription, my regular pharmacist was unaware of and didn’t carry. I mean that’s not concerning in the least…

Meanwhile, I’m attempting to pack, this means I have to cram all of my stuff into theses plastic tubs. The tubs are important to moving, because of traveling from the mainland to the island, if it’s raining at all, the tubs will save my stuff from becoming soaked.

I have had a lot going on lately and it was starting to feel a little overwhelming, of course it doesn’t help when I dream about work while I sleep. On top of that, my doctor has been requesting various lab work done to discern why my iron level is low, as though he doesn’t want admit I just might be anemic. Today, however after telling myself for the thousandth time to take it just a day at a time, or a project at a time, I decided chocolate might just make the whole day better.

There is this little Greek shop around the corner from where I work, so I walked over with my coworker on my quest for chocolate.  So the adventure took an interesting turn when after, I selected my candy bar selection, the cashier said, “That’ll be $1000.”

I said, “$1000, I guess I better get back to work.”

“Actually, it’s only a dollar.”, he said. As I started to hand him a dollar bill, he went on to say, “Actually, I’ll get that for you, no charge.”

And after confirming that he was serious, and thanking him profusely, just like that I had a free candy bar, and it really did make my day better. I’m mentally exhausted enough right now that I don’t know if that actually happened because stuff like that doesn’t happen to me. Or if I stole that candy bar. But I’m really certain I’m against stealing, so that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Thank you friendly guy around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment